- Do I agree with the mission, vision, and values of my team?
- Am I willing to disagree and manage the consequences of being different?
- Is the environment safe for experimentation?
- Can I endure the chance that my efforts to succeed might fail?
- Am I up for something new if things change?
There’s a private threshold of independent decision making that buffers all team interactions. Most of the time, your teammates have no idea you are wrestling with these considerations. Most likely, they are wrestling with the same challenges. Perhaps these questions would make great topics of team conversation.