The Team Clock Institute scours the globe for evidence of workplace wellness. The easy way to locate these organizations is by following the results of the annual best-place-to-work awards. In the absence of that data, word-of-mouth is usually pretty reliable. There are predictable features that lure talent into these companies and make them want to stay. Can your workplace boast the following characteristics?
- Clear mission and values
- Open and transparent communication
- Extraordinary focus on the customer
- Family-like culture
- Commitment to sustainability
- Continuous learning and development
- Evolving succession planning
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Focus on employee wellness
- Participatory stewardship
It wasn’t until the informational interview was complete that this Minnesota accounting firm displayed evidence of all ten markers of an employer-of-choice. In less than an hour, it had become clear why recruitment was easy and retention was effortless. Like any other professional services organization, they faced all of the challenges of growth and change that most thriving businesses endure. This team, though, welcomed these struggles with energy and optimism.