Why not secure the likelihood that your specialist can work on your behalf atop a continuously strengthening platform of operational support? It begins with a rigorous assessment of strengths and vulnerabilities. As employees receive team effectiveness survey links in their morning e-mail inboxes, everyone from the top to the bottom of the organization gets a chance to measure some key drivers of team effectiveness:
- Are we aligned in a common mission?
- Do we embrace conflict and differences in perspective professionally?
- Do we hold ourselves and each other accountable?
- Can we leverage collaboration to achieve efficiency?
- Are we courageous enough to challenge the status quo?
- Is creativity and discovery supported by our leadership?
- Are we able to remain poised, nimble, and focused during change?
- Can we adapt to new circumstances?
Most teams participating in such an assessment exhibit strengths in most areas. Fortunately, it is the vulnerabilities that guide the direction of their work. The anonymity of performance lives in the commitment to continuous operational improvement that thrives quietly behind the scenes.