The Team Clock Institute offers certification at two levels:
Team Clock® Specialist
Team Clock® Specialists receive fundamental training in the principles of effective teaming and have access to Team Clock® assessment, training, and coaching resources for guiding team development in their workplace environment. Often, Team Clock® Specialists are graduate students or employed in Human Resource or Organizational Development capacity and add this certification to their professional toolbox.
Team Clock® Specialist training is designed as an Organizational Change and Wellness internship providing students and professionals pursuing a Human Resources career path with a foundation of workplace culture assessment tools. As a didactic and experiential engagement, it is designed to prepare the intern to help teams anchor mission/values/vision, sustain trust, empower growth and innovation, and steward change and resilience. The intern will engage in a blend of informational interviewing, job shadowing, cultural assessment administration, organizational wellness data interpretation and debrief, and team effectiveness training leading to certification-level practicum experience.
- Explain how philosophy, mission, and values anchor the vision of a team or organization.
- Recognize the elements of trust and psychological safety that support team growth.
- Recognize the role of diversity and risk in fueling innovation.
- Clarify the process of change management in the cyclical progress of a team’s lifespan.
- Conduct informational interviews with clients and consultants.
- Participate in the administration of organizational cultural assessment.
- Partner in the interpretation, analysis, and debrief of workplace culture metrics.
- Collaborate in team effectiveness training workshop design and delivery.
- Complete required reading of best practice literature in organizational wellness.
Evaluation and Outcome Measurement
- Compose a written executive summary of internship experience.
- Present internship accomplishments to a Human Resources panel of experts.
- Apply for certification as Team Clock® Specialist.
- Read Team Clock: A Guide to Breakthrough Teams
- Familiarization with teamclock.com case studies, blogs, methodology, and video resources
Team Clock® Consultant
Certified Team Clock® Consultants are independent contractors of the Team Clock Institute and are qualified to lead comprehensive Team Clock® engagements with businesses and organizations within their own client list. Certified Team Clock® Consultants provide a rigorous assessment of team strengths and vulnerabilities, training of team effectiveness principles, assessment debrief and action-planning sessions, and leadership coaching within a six-to-twelve month engagement with their clients. Certified Team Clock® Consultants are typically freelancers with leadership experience in a range of industries. Certified Team Clock® Consultant bios and photos are featured on the teamclock.com website (https://teamclock.com/about/the-team-behind-team-clock/)
Qualifying Skill Set
- In-depth understanding of cultural assessment metrics.
- Comfort is speaking to large audiences in a training environment.
- Ability to engage in a 1:1 coaching alliance.
- Networking and business development acumen.
- Read Team Clock: A Guide to Breakthrough Teams (provided with certification fee)
- Read The Team Manual (online)
- Participate in twelve hours of live training with a certified Team Clock® Consultant
- Complete a practicum involving all components of a full Team Clock engagement within 6 months of training.
- Participate in a 90-minute evaluation call with Team Clock Institute Founder & CEO, Steve Ritter.
- Identify an external team (good-to-great/diagnostic/change management/dysfunction).
- Engage external team to initiate baseline online assessment and Team Clock process.
- Conduct assessment, training, and debrief workshop.
- Map Team Clock metrics to business deliverables.
- Identify 90-day goals and detailed action plan.
- Implement follow-up assessment and track results.
- Request feedback from participants (online survey link provided)
- Write case study detailing team challenges, assessment results, goals, interventions, and outcomes.
- Diagnosis-informed, quadrant-based intervention
- Targeted impact domains
- Business goal mapping
- Strategic action planning
- Application with current workplace team
- Mock training session role play
- Baseline assessment procedure
- Assessment result interpretation and summary report
- Assessment debrief, goal setting, and action planning
- Team Clock Interpersonal Market
- The Team Clock® Relationship Cycle
- Interpersonal Assessment and Action Workbook
- Relationship Coaching Engagements
- Coaching & consultation
- General HR/OD coaching
- Freelancing 101
- Team Clock: A Guide to Breakthrough Teams
- Useful Pain: Why Your Relationships Need Struggle
- Team Clock Interpersonal Assessment Action Workbook
- Team Clock Interpersonal Assessment Cards
- Team Clock® Certification Training Manual